Church Walk Playgroup was established in (approximately) 1972 and changed its name to Church Walk Pre-school in April 1997. We were registered as a Charity in September 1994 and relocated as Church Walk Pre-School Nursery in July 2000. In August 2005 we became incorporated and our name was changed to Church Walk Pre-school Nursery Limited. A committee of parents and volunteers manages the group.
We operate on a term time only basis and offer a Breakfast Club & After School Club for Nursery children and pupils attending Church Walk CofE Primary School, Ulverston.
We are registered with:
|Pre-school Learning Alliance (PsLA).
||Ref. No. 12993
||Ref. No. EY332856
||Ref. No. 1110326
Our Aim is:
- To enhance the care, development and educational needs of children in a parent centred, community-based group
- To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- To work within a framework which ensures equality for all children and families.
We offer your child:
- A 1:4 adult to child ratio is maintained for children who are under three years of age and 1:8 for children over the age of 3.
- Planned activities to follow the guidelines in the Early Years Foundation Stage. (EYFS)
- Each child is allocated a Key Person who is responsible for recording your child’s development in the EYFS. The Key Person liaises with parents/carers’ to establish a good rapport.
- Opportunities for you as parents/carers’ to discuss your child’s development and any concerns at a pre-arranged time with your child’s Key Person. More formal Parental Interviews are arranged each term.
- Opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in the activities of the group and in your child’s progress.
Ofsted Report January 2018