Church Walk Playgroup was established in (approximately) 1972 and changed its name to Church Walk Pre-school in April 1997. We were registered as a Charity in September 1994 and relocated as Church Walk Pre-School Nursery in July 2000. In August 2005 we became incorporated and our name was changed to Church Walk Pre-school Nursery Limited. A committee of parents and volunteers manages the group.
We operate on a term time only basis and offer a Breakfast Club & After School Club for Nursery children and pupils attending Church Walk CofE Primary School, Ulverston.
We are registered with:
|Pre-school Learning Alliance (PsLA).
||Ref. No. 12993
||Ref. No. EY332856
||Ref. No. 1110326
Our Aim is:
- To enhance the care, development and educational needs of children in a parent centred, community-based group
- To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- To work within a framework which ensures equality for all children and families.
We offer your child:
- A 1:4 adult to child ratio is maintained for children who are under three years of age and 1:8 for children over the age of 3.
- Planned activities to follow the guidelines in the Early Years Foundation Stage. (EYFS)
- Each child is allocated a Key Person who is responsible for recording your child’s development in the EYFS. The Key Person liaises with parents/carers’ to establish a good rapport.
- Opportunities for you as parents/carers’ to discuss your child’s development and any concerns at a pre-arranged time with your child’s Key Person. More formal Parental Interviews are arranged each term.
- Opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in the activities of the group and in your child’s progress.
- The government funded 15 hours for children aged 3 and 4 in term after your child’s third birthday. These hours can be used in both the Acorns and Oaks room. We only accept the full 30 hours entitlement for children when your child enters the Oaks room, if and when there is available space. We offer 20 spaces for the 30 hours entitlement and these are on a first come, first serve basis.
- We also have children who are entitled to funding at 2 years old. Please see https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/ for more information.
Ofsted Report January 2018
Parent booklet 2020-21
“During the Covid-19 outbreak, we want to support you and your family as much as possible. Here is a link for advice on how to talk to your young child about the virus and it also holds advice on how to look after you. Please email the preschool if you do feel you need further advice or support during these testing times and we will endeavour to support you through.”